Patient’s Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
As a client of AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy, you have the right to:
- Be fully informed in advance about service/care to be provided, as well as any modifications to the care/service plan.
- Participate in the development and periodic revision of the plan of care/service.
- Refuse care or treatment after the consequences of refusing care or treatment are fully presented.
- Be informed, in advance of care being provided, of the charges, including payment for care/service expected from third parties and any charges for which you will be responsible.
- Voice grievances or complaints regarding treatment or care, or recommended changes in policy, staff, or care/service without restraint, interference, coercion, discrimination, or reprisal.
- Choose a healthcare provider.
- Have grievances or complaints regarding treatment or care that is (or fails to be) furnished investigated.
- Expect confidentiality and privacy of all information related to your care, as required by law.
- Be advised on AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy Notice of Privacy Practices regarding the disclosure of clinical records.
- Receive appropriate care without discrimination in accordance with physician orders.
- Be informed of any financial benefits when referred to an organization.
- Be fully informed of your responsibilities.
- Receive information about the scope of services that AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy will provide and specific limitations on those services.
- Be informed of anticipated outcomes of care and of any barriers in outcome achievement, as applicable to the service provided.
- Be able to identify the staff member with whom you communicate and their job title, and have the right to speak with a pharmacist or supervisor of the staff member if requested.
- The right to speak to a health professional.
- Decline participation, or disenroll, in the clinical program at any point in time by calling the pharmacy number on the prescription label.
Additional Patient Rights for Home-Based Infusion Patients
- Be fully informed in advance about service/care to be provided, including disciplines that furnish care and the frequency of visits, as well as any modifications to the service/care plan.
- Have your property and person treated with respect, consideration, and recognition of dignity and individuality.
- Be able to identify visiting staff members through proper identification.
- Be informed of your rights under state law to formulate advance directives, as applicable.
- Be free from mistreatment, neglect, or verbal, mental, sexual, and physical abuse, including injuries of unknown source, and misappropriation of your property.
As a client of AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy, you have the responsibility to:
- Remain under a doctor’s care while receiving services.
- Provide the pharmacy with a complete and accurate health history.
- Give accurate clinical and contact information and to notify the pharmacy of changes in this information.
- Notify the pharmacy of any changes in insurance coverage.
- Provide all requested insurance and financial records.
- Sign the required agreements and releases for service and insurance billing.
- Participate in your care plan by asking questions and following instructions.
- Accept the consequences for any refusal of treatment or choice of noncompliance.
- Provide a safe home environment in which your care can be given.
- Notify the treating prescriber of your participation in the clinical program.
- Cooperate with your doctor and other caregivers.
- Assume responsibility for damaged, lost, or unreturned home medical equipment once in your possession.
- Notify the pharmacy of any problems or dissatisfaction with care.
If you need clarification or are not satisfied, call 855-244-2555 and ask for the General Manager.
To register a complaint with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy, call 800-821-3205.